We are always looking for talented and driven professionals to join our staff. Check below for current openings.
Kids From Wisconsin is seeking professional, energetic, and dedicated performing Teaching Artists (TA) for its “Realize Your Dream" Music In Me and Music With My Friends’ residencies (students will range ages 7-18) "Realize Your Dream" is a collaboration of experiential programming that uses performing arts to spark and enrich inspiration-built upon the traditions and legacy of the Kids From Wisconsin. This is a constant evolution and intersection for teachers and learners, where workshops, residences and classroom sessions are designed for all age groups and ability levels.
Music In Me
Embracing Wisconsin’s standards for General Music Education, Music In Me incorporates vocal, instrumental and movement principles. The lessons will encourage self-confidence, spark creativity, and develop music appreciation with an interactive lens.
Music With My Friends
Positive and inspiring song choices, challenging choreography, and collaborative coaching all wrapped in a high energy team building atmosphere. Various styles in vocals, movement and performing techniques. TAs have an opportunity to collaborate on artistic development. Both programs will celebrate the participants work by presenting a showcase that will leave them empowered with the ability to connect to their community through music and performance. Residencies fulfill schools, after school centers, recreation and youth organizations that seek music and performing arts programming in their facilities
• Minimal: high school diploma and at least 2-5 years of teaching experience in a classroom setting or arts discipline OR in college pursing a degree in education with at least one semester student teaching.
• Basic or beyond understanding of music theory/dance/movement /acting
• Preferred: College bachelor’s degree in music education or higher or equivalent Arts related degree. General ability to play piano, comfortable with technology.
• Adaptability: Willing to train and implement an existing lesson plan, but also be flexible to alter due to attendance and special needs of participants or facility
Your talents will:
• Instruct and execute provided 1-hour lesson plans with professionalism
• Engaging and create a positive, safe learning environment
• Communicate and collaborate on class goals and progress of sessions and students
• Support colleagues and collaborate with other teachers/volunteers-in and outside the classroom, prep, organize and maintain materials
• Incorporate art disciplines to encourage learning, involvement and inclusiveness
• Ensure assessments and evaluations are completed in a timely fashion
• Independent Contracted Position
• Training Day January 9, 2022
• Flexible opportunities during or after school hours
• Compensation based on experience.
• Mandatory Background checks.
The Kids From Wisconsin was founded in 1969 to bring musical performance experiences to communities across the Midwest, showcasing the state’s most talented youth performers to over 120,000 people each summer. An extension in this organization is “Realize Your Dream” offering community enrichment focus and programs, With the achievement of the Realize Your Dream -Spotlight, outreach workshops impact hundreds of participants across Wisconsin every year. Through these hands-on performing activities, the Kids From Wisconsin staff wondered how to connect to local schools year-round. During the summer of 2020, a team was assembled encompassing a wide variety of teaching experiences in the performing arts. In over 240 hours of collaborative meetings and countless innovative ideas, the team’s purpose revolved around one common goal — every child deserves to be introduced to the world of music.
Please email a cover letter and resume (will need a reference if selected for interview)
Peggy Morgan Strimple (Community Enrichment Coordinator)
Call Kids From Wisconsin 414-266-7067 - Peggy Morgan Strimple